Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Wife of the President

Michelle Obama, wife of the President of the United States, recently came out in public looking like this.


She was at the Nickelodeon's Kids Choice Awards to present an award to country musician Taylor Swift (who is a little old to be at this event, but she did receive the award for her charity work). I saw the photograph in the Daily Mail, and was shocked at how she was dressed. I think this is the worst I've seen her yet.

I wonder how she decided on this outfit? Perhaps she thinks that "letting it all hang out" is a teen thing. Yet Sasha looks infinitely older (and wiser) in a dress and jacket, and more stylish too (granted, the dress could be a little longer). I can't help noticing that Sasha looks a little sad in these photos. Perhaps she's tired of all this publicity. Maybe she' a little embarrassed by her mother's outfits, and doesn't know how to react to them, or to her.


Malia is another story. Here's the daughter of a president who shows up at a public function in some type of t-shirt/sweat shirt dress. And her arrogant air is such a contrast to Sasha's more demure look. Perhaps she's mimicking her father, as children are wont to do, who for all his "niceness" has been photographed with some cold, arrogant expressions. Yet, I feel sorry for Malia too. I wonder what will happen to her once all this presidency thing is over?


Below is Michelle Obama with Taylor Swift, who says as she receives the award "I'm freaking out!" according to the Mail article. I'm sure she's overwhelmed. The photograph below subliminally captures Taylor's "freaking out" moment, as she instinctively gathers in her prize, and seems to be running away from a stalking Michelle. I would be terrified too, with this imposing woman standing so close behind.