Monday, August 1, 2011

More Elevator News

I wrote in a previous blog about a sign in an elevator for a residents' barbecue which said that the meat would be "strictly halal." I should specify that I was only visiting that building, which is in Mississauga, a suburb of Toronto. Mississauga is fast becoming the Muslim center for southern Ontario (and I wouldn't be surprised for Canada in general). For example, the city holds a three-day long Muslim festival every summer. Even multi-culti Toronto prefers to "celebrate" its diversity with more, well, multi-culti groups.

The building I myself live in is in downtown Toronto, where the diversity pie is more fairly doled out to as many diverse groups as possible. Here is an elevator story from my building.

As I was entering my elevator the other day, a couple of young children came out of their suite, and upon seeing me started to giggle playfully and talk in a language I had never heard of before. They really sounded alien, a little like the extra-terrestrial E.T. Their parents came along and continued in their language in voices which sounded more natural, and less helium-induced.

The elevator came, and there was one person (a youngish white man) already in there. I was in a hurry, the elevator couldn't possibly hold six people comfortably, and I was in no mood to stand in a confined space with people chattering "happily" in a language alien and strange to me.

So, I quickly pressed the "close" button, which threw them off. No more chattering, and funnily enough, no attempt to hold the door open. They saw what I was doing. But, wouldn't more considerate people wait for the other elevator (there are two elevators) instead of cramming into the confined space of one? Is this the kind of Third World over-population mentality we're going to have to put up with in mulit-culti Toronto?

I said to the man: "We are turning into Babylon! What language are they speaking! It sounds like some kind of Nepalese, or some Chinese dialect! Why don't they at least learn English before coming here!"

He looked relieved and started to laugh, which surprised me since I had already regretted saying that to him. Multi-culti defense stands high amongst liberal white Canadians.

"I think they should at least learn French and English," he compromised. "Fair enough," I replied. "Have a good day," he called out as I hurriedly left the elevator. I think the reality is beginning to horrify even the likes of him.

One battle at a time. Quebeckers makes no bones about requiring French proficiency from their immigrating aliens - English is a personal choice (or a business reality - how can they communicate with the behemoth that is English-speaking Canada otherwise?). The "inclusive" English-speaking provinces go out of their way to turn their lands into Babylon. Or worse, Muslim outposts which can easily turn into Muslim territory.

As I wrote before, the battle is long, and the war is surely imminent.