Friday, August 19, 2011

Nail Polish that's Good for the Economy

From left to right: Fashion Ave Fuchsia, Spring Street, Central Park,
Lincoln Square Lavender, Uptown, Prospect Park, Mulberry Street
[Photo by KPA]

Bright nails are fun for the summer. NYC (for New York Color) is a nail polish brand that I recently found, where the colors are named after streets and places in New York City. My understanding is that these products are made in the U.S.A., and are not imported from China. I'm not sure if that is the reason for the incredible $2.25/bottle. Overhead costs like shipping, taxes, etc. must be reduced when products are manufactured within the country. I keep wearing the peach/pink Central Park, and have had to buy another bottle, on sale at 20% off! The colors are very good, they don't run, or chip off. They stay on the nails for a good four to five days, which is the norm for most (more expensive) nail polish.

These days, cosmetics are often a cheap (or a cheaper) way to change looks, unlike, say, shoes or even a dress. This is nail polish that is good for the economy, and I'm sure Donald Trump would agree with me.