Thursday, February 3, 2011

Toronto Gables

My last couple of posts were photos of a close-up of a gable. My fascination with gables goes a way back. One of my first series of photographs were of these Victorian structures. For all its metropolitanism, Toronto still has a Victorian town feel to it. Many residential areas still have town houses with gable structures. Some are elaborate, others simple yet still attractive.

Below are images from my October 2010 blog post on how a mundane photo of a town house (I took the picture to record different gable patterns) evolved into a design.

Clockwise from top: Victorian townhouse; Wall hanging;
Table cloth (detail); Card; Table runner (detail);
[From my "Evolution of Design" series]

Below are more of my photographic records of gables.

Gable Collage

[Click on images to view larger versions]