Saturday, June 10, 2006

Blogging Wish List

Is that why we blog?

The Evangelical Outpost describes our (or rather his) inner conflicts regarding blogging. He says:


- We hope for. . . community. But we often reward ... individuality
- We hope for. . . eternal perspective. But we often reward ... focus on the trivial and ephermeral
- We hope for. . . depth and breadth of interest. But we often reward ... shallowness - and narrowness of concern
- We hope for. . . wisdom. But we often reward ... foolishness
- We hope for. . . unity. But we often reward ... division
- We hope for. . . faith, hope, and love. But we often reward ... doubt, pessimism, and uncharitableness


I honestly made a concerted effort to avoid all the traps the Evangelical Outpost says we eventually fall into. See for yourselves!

I think blogging is serious. It is not really an online diary (at least not in the expected sense). For me, it has been a way to articulate many ideas, concerns and events that have affected me either negatively or positively.

I really do try to follow my blog heading: "A place to explore and shed light on how art, culture and society converge".

I think there are serious things going on in the world. By writing about them I try to find the missing (or insightful) links.