Thursday, January 29, 2009

Joseph Farah's

Slow perception

My very first image on "stealth Jihad"
where I tried to show a time bomb in
the shape of a mosque.


I like reading Joseph Farah's articles at World Net Daily. He has a loud, rather aggressive style. And he always seems to have the answers. And, he writes a full column, every day! That must take quite a bit of time.

Anyway, I went there today to see what he had written, and it was a review (or actually, heaps of praise) for Robert Spencer's new book. I found the title of this book unfortunate: "How Radical Islam is Subverting America without Guns or Bombs". Spencer cannot get himself to discard that word "radical", but that is for another blog.

What caught my attention is Farah's statement:
I've been studying radical Islam since 1979. I've been writing about it since the early 1980s. I'm considered an authoritative expert on the subject by many. I've lectured all over the world on the topic in the last 10 years.

Yet, I have to tell you, Spencer's new book has been an eye-opener even for me.
Well, there's that word "radical" again, but it's Farah's eye-opening experience that surprised me.

I understood this phenomenon and first blogged about half-way through 2007. And the phenomenon became so overwhelming, that I wrote an article about it in July 2008 (I wonder if this is around the time that Spencer started writing his book?), and soon after transferred all my blogged material from Camera Lucida to a new blog Our Changing Landscape, which continues to follow this stealthy incursion. I take a more cultural and artistic position, but the observation is nonetheless the same.

How is it that this bypassed the editor of a huge online magazine so much so that he has to say this information was an eye-opener for him. Especially since he admits that he has been studying "radical" Islam since 1979?

Could it be that he focused so much on the radical element that he couldn't see that ordinary Muslims were waging their own kind of war?

It is really time to eradicate this word "radical" in association with Islam. It is false and misleading. It blinds people to the reality that there are no radical Muslims. All Muslims are doing their part to change our lands and societies into Islamic countries. And this non-violent, stealthy method is actually more efficient and far-reaching, because no one is expecting it, and thus no one is noticing it! Just look at Farah's confession.