Saturday, January 24, 2009

More Writers on Obama

Satire from Bad Eagle

President Abraham Lincoln,
February 9, 1864
Photo by Matthew Brady.

I just came across David Yeagley's risque post over at Bad Eagle. I wish I could have included it in my previous post on Obama's Many Writers.

It is satire at its best. The lines I like most are:
Lampooning and cartooning is a grand western European tradition, starting probably with the late 15th century German wood cuts made to demonize ol’ Vlad “Tepes” (tsepesh), better known as Dracula. That was all “white,” too. The Caucasians are apparently culturally immune to their own rebuffs. It is a lavishly self-correcting race, at least up until now.
And
Ah, but things are indeed different now, since January 20, 2009. (Mabye since August 27, 2008.) Only beauty and dignity are allowed in the White House. Only loveliness and good will.
Very good.