Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Rule Of Thumb On Immigrants At the National Post?

They're not quite ready for it!

I sent my 700-word blog post "Indian Immigration Lawyer's Take on Dual Citizenship" verbatim to the Op-Ed section of the National Post. I really didn't expect a reply. I thought my opinion (or perspective) was too direct, and despite the National Post being a "conservative" magazine, it actually supports things like multiculturalism (or diversity, as they like to call it), and advocates some kind of immigration based on economic premises.

I did get a reply back, with a name signed off with "best,----", saying "Thanks for this, but I'm afraid [afraid?] I'm unable to use this."

I don't know what that means, but perhaps people like honest, straightforward opinions, even if it goes against their belief systems.