Saturday, August 1, 2009

Obama's Perennially Slipping Mask

Images are worth a thousand words


Thomas Lifson from American Thinker has posted the above image with this preface : "This picture truly is worth at least a thousand words."

It seems more and more pundits and writers are looking at Obama's body language and facial expressions. Thomas Sowell wrote an article recently on how Obama's mask slipped during the Gates interlude, and how we should never forget it.

I could say that I was the original detector of slipping masks, which I described here. I say this a little tongue-in-cheek, but I actually haven't seen anyone make these observations until recently. 

I think there have been constant reminders of Obama's slipping mask, right from that very first observation I recorded. Most people found this obvious detection of the falsity of Obama too disconcerting. Look at this instance of Obama clearly bowing to the King of Saudi Arabia. Some writers couldn’t accept this at the beginning, half-jokingly giving it other interpretations.

I do have to add, though, that we cannot rely wholly on pictures. The art of discerning someone’s true intentions depends on many things. And even then, after putting all the information together, we may get our assessment wrong.

But, in Obama’s case, that one slip was good enough to make my judgment.