Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bo Ain't No Sheepadoodle

Left: Bo in front of the White House
Right: Look-alike Sheepadoodle dog

I've made yet another canine friend (although it may still be too early for that, so we'll leave him as a "sidewalk sharer" for now).

I asked the owner if his dog was the same as Bo, the Obama pet dog. He looked very much like him to me. No, said the dog owner, he's a sheepdog mix. Oh, sheepdog, that's nice too, I said politely.

So I looked up on the internet "sheepdog mix" and I get a Sheepadoodle, which is a different dog from Bo, who is a Portuguese Water Dog (Bo's no mutt, apparently), although they do look very similar. "Sheepadoodle" has a better sound than the cumbersome "Portuguese Water Dog" and is more fun and playful too. But, maybe Michelle didn't want any mutt in her White House. I get the feeling that she has a bigger say in what dog is allowed in, and what dog stays out.