Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thriller Zombies

Frankenstein-like monsters rising out of the earth

From Jackson's music video "Thriller":
- Jackson as Frankestein  
- A Frankenstein-like zombie
coming out of a manhole


I have never seen "Thriller" fully, nor have I ever decided if it was a good song or a bad song. I just relegated it to "one of Michael Jackson's songs which everyone is crazy about."

Still, I think he did it at the zenith of his career. I think it will be remembered as his seminal piece.

Viewing "Thriller" on YouTube, I was struck by Jackson's "normal" features during his non-zombie appearances in the video.

Near the middle of the video, zombie-like creatures start coming out man holes and graveyards. Even Jackson appears as a zombie, but a very specific one: one that looks like Frankenstein. Just the example I used in my previous post. Another zombie must be none other than the real Frankenstein.

Self-recreation, unto death. That was the saga of Michael Jackson's life.

As for the song and dance routine, it doesn't cut it. Just a repetitive set of moves danced to a monotonous beat. Of course the standard, in dancing at least, is Fred Astaire.