Saturday, October 22, 2011

Make-up for free


Guess what I saw yesterday. I was at the cosmetics store Sephora, and went towards the perfume counter to see what new items they had for the Christmas season. Along the way, I passed an Asian woman, in her mid-twenties, furiously putting on make-up - blush, actually. I watched for a second, as she rubbed on the blush vigorously, and then realized that she was actually putting on the make-up, not just trying it on.

I walked towards her and asked her if she was using her own brush (my question really meant was she putting on the make-up, or was she trying it on). She stopped short, but gave no answer. I walked away, but turned back to see if she continued. She had left, (vanished). Here was another case of an Asian woman using Sephora's make-up for free. I've seen this happen often, where I have to maneuver through Chinese women loudly and arrogantly holding up the make-up and perfume counters, plastering on lipstick or perfume, for free. I know what they're doing, but this was the first time I tested my theory. I was right.