Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Wrath of the White Woman

Jeanne Darst

Elisha Lim, clearly an Asian writer at a website called Racialicious, writes:
The Valentine’s Day show [of NPR's This American Life], however, pushed me to new levels of downright rage. It's a series of stories all about the mishaps of love, and in the last, 12-minute segment, writer Jeanne Darst describes her outrage when she discovers that her boyfriend is cheating on her.
Lim quotes Darst's angst with a derisive "How does a white woman claim to be the victim of yellow fever?"

Here is what Darst writes about the man she started dating (taken from the transcript of her NPR show This American Life which aired on February 10, 2012), and whose journal she found and started to read:
A[n]d his journal was right there. Right there...

I'd like to tell you that I had some hesitation about whether to open this thing up and read it. That I thought for even one single second about right and wrong. But I didn't...

And then I read that he did not have an attraction to-- page turn-- white women. White women like me.

I knew he had dated some Asian women and his ex-wife was Asian. He had Asian assistants, but I didn't think too much about it. I guess that's why I got Sunday.

Maybe it was my fault. I probably should have said right at the start of the relationship, I'm not Asian-- before anyone got hurt. Me. Before I got hurt...

I then read in the journal, "There are some real red flags with Jeanne."...

I got hurt. Redd Flaggs got hurt.

I don't think I'll ever read anyone's journal again. I never want to know what someone thinks of me in that kind of way ever again. It's too intense. I know I'm not Asian. I know I had reservations about Jake, instincts, which is why I read the journal.
Lam, an ethnocentric and antiwhite Asian woman, continues with her derision:
What about all the Asian women that date Darst’s boyfriend, without knowing that he’s more into their race than their selves? What about Asian women as a whole, who have to deal with yellow fever–with age-old stereotypes about their sexuality that reduce them to objects of someone else’s (white) desire? She somehow manages to depict herself as the main victim of Asian fetishization, and stews in self pity.

How does a white woman claim to be the victim of yellow fever? I know, it’s so absurd it’s funny. But she manages it, by denying the impact of racism, and replacing it with a spiteful sense of competition.
Lam describes herself as "blatantly promot[ing] the dignity and sex appeal of queer and trans people of colour " which means that she is one of those herself.

Still, "queer and trans" are minutely "sensitive" to "discrimination" so she is trying to help out her straight Asian sisters here.

But "a spiteful sense of competition" has the perfect ring of the convoluted excesses that minorities will go to express their entitlements. Rather than competition, they are getting a free ride.

And no-one will be on the side of the white woman: Not the white boyfriend who betrays them; the Asian female who has had her eye on him from early childhood; the Asian immigrant parents who are more than happy to have a white son-on-law and future half-Asian grand kids, who will be more Asian than white; and not the multi-culti climate that dominates Western countries these days.

She's on her own with this one. As I wrote in my recent blog Racial Multi-Culti Chic:
I am waiting for the wrath of white women who will some day have their multi-culti glaze removed from their eyes, as they realize that their men have been stolen away from them, and by the Asian "friend" who was around all the time.
She can feel rage at the Asian interlopers. But what about at her white men?