Monday, April 5, 2010

Another Middle-Aged Man Still Adrift on the Sea of Life

And his adolescent obsessions

The new "right wing" website Alternative Right is becoming a source brimming with amusing articles. There are several political issues I will take on later, as I did with Peter Brimelow of Vdare (here), Ilana Mercer (here), Conservative American Indian David Yeagley (here) the Secular Right's Heather MacDonald (here). The question of right wing and conservative seems to be an elusive one, and many of these attempts reveal strange, weak points, which even I, an amateur, can identify.

Well, here is an article at Alternative Right  by some guy called Scott Locklin, which he titles "The Case For Open Borders." It is about finding non-American women for dating purposes. Locklin doesn't seem too concerned about marriage and children, although from his photo he looks like he's in his early forties. What man in his early forties obsesses about dating, like some adolescent? I noticed this same adolescent streak in another recent contributor to Alternative Right, Denis Mangan.

Locklin writes:
My F.O.B.-dar [Fresh off the Boat-dar] is so finely tuned, I can spot a Russian, Eritrean or Serb at 50 paces, and I'll know if a Korean in America was raised in Los Angeles or is from the old country long before she opens her mouth. They seem to do a decent job of finding me as well; perhaps they notice my surfeit of self-respect compared to other American men -- that's how I spot my xenosexual brothers.
What a moron. Maybe what these astute women are seeing is some American male, who looks a little lost and indecisive, who seems bent on chatting them up in a clumsy adolescent fashion, and who will certainly make a great catch for THEIR "status monkey games (muuuust get big house)," as he writes about his fellow-American women. He doesn't know the half of it.