Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day at Dusk

(Photo by KPA)

After all the flurry of festivities, including the long preparation towards the Holy Day, Christmas day always surprises me at how calm it is. I went for a walk at my beloved park, Allan Gardens, at dusk. I took my camera, since I knew there would be something magical to capture. A couple of noisy men walked hurriedly through the park to their pressing engagement (or so it seemed), and all was quiet. I was the only one there.

Allan Gardens, and especially its Victorian conservatory, sits in an oasis apart from the rest of the city, both in time and location. High rises are visible in the distance, reminding us that the park is not so far removed from the city after all. As I took the photo, the lights in the park and in the distant buildings were just going on.