Friday, June 5, 2009

Despot...Hmmm

No analogies here



Yes, I have corrected it. I was pronouncing the "s" as a silent one. But in French it is also “despote” – and the “s” is pronounced. So I have no idea where the error came from.

In any case, I just realized that my image of the Ivory Coast city may be misconstrued as analogous to one in the U.S. (or what Obama may do to the U.S. in the future).

Not likely. Obama is already off the wall. Just look at Gitmo, and his awful "the Muslims built our tallest building" thing - well yes, they also destroyed two other tall ones. Won't people of all stripes and orientations begin to realize what a mediocrity he is, and a dangerous one at that (and I would add insulting, too)?

No, the photo was to show how ludicrous President Félix Houphouët-Boigny was, spending all that money and time for a pretentiousness that doesn't fit his city or his people. All for show.

That's the part where Obama comes in. All show. Maybe I should have just called him nouveau riche, and be done with the whole de[s]pot thing. I don't even think he has it in him to be a despot.