Thursday, August 30, 2012

Mitt Romney's Acquiescing and Submissive Jaw Line


My post yesterday was about the confidence that Ann Romney exuded as she appeared at the Republican National Convention. I titled the post The Aggressive Ann Romney since I was struck by her (feminine) boldness as she stood on the stage, apparently to introduce her husband, but actually to proclaim some kind of feminist solidarity with the women at the convention and beyond.

Above is an image I received via email with the comment:
The woman is the dominant figure, the man is recessive, weak, childish looking. Look at the decisive set of the woman's mouth and jaw line. Then look at the lower part of the man's face--it's girlish and passive.
The image is from an ad for some kind of spa.

I've juxtaposed the image with that of Mitt and Ann Romney at the RNC convention from yesterday, where Ann Romney spoke. I have it in my collage of images I posted at my blog post yesterday.


The Romney image could just as well have the caption:
The woman is the dominant figure, the man is recessive, weak, childish looking. Look at the decisive set of the woman's mouth and jaw line. Then look at the lower part of the man's face--it's girlish and passive [or I could add here, "it is acquiescing and submissive].