Monday, August 13, 2012

Prescient Perceptions

A view of the Cloisters with the Hudson River
in New York City


Laura Wood, from The Thinking Housewife, writes to Lawrence Auster at View From the Right:
You have done a great job over the last several days.
I agree. View From the Right has been unusually active and prescient these few days (and months).

Larry Auster responds to Laura:
But I think my message is too much for people to take. It’s getting too much for me to take.
To which Laura replies:
The alternative is denying reality and denying that things are as bad as they are.
I agree that writing about reality these days is exhausting. It is summer after all, and why not write about the warm weather, and other cheery things? But, each time I am about to do that, right next to what I'm observing, or alongside what I'm thinking, something negates this.

I'm not sure where this will lead, for now, at least. But, still, there are beautiful things to wonder at, observe and record. I will continue to do that as I go along.