Monday, September 3, 2012

The Girl In the Red Dress

The Girl In the Red Dress

Above is a photo of "teen sensation" Taylor Swift, who is actually well beyond her teen years at 22 years, but who nonetheless looks like an awkward teen-ager with her mother's bold red lipstick on. Her dress is a cute frock, and even grown-up, and her shoes have the high heels of an adult, but notice the pigeon-toed step which is how shy six-year-olds walk.

Today's young women vacillate between over-sexualized sluttish looks, and when they do try to cover up, they end up looking like confidence-devoid girls.

I wrote abut Taylor Swift here, where she has an interaction with Michelle Obama. I wrote of a photo with the two together:
Below is Michelle Obama with Taylor Swift, who says as she receives the award "I'm freaking out!" according to the Mail article. I'm sure she's overwhelmed. The photograph below subliminally captures Taylor's "freaking out" moment, as she instinctively gathers in her prize, and seems to be running away from a stalking Michelle. I would be terrified too, with this imposing woman standing so close behind.
Poor Taylor Swift. It isn't just
rambunctious young boys she has to
ward off, but over-exuberant
First Ladies as well.


Here is one of Taylor's more dramatic songs (yes, she does hail from a Country Music background, but even those songs have some level of dignity in their confessions of heart break):
"Don't you think I was too young to be messed with?
The girl in the dress
Cried the whole way home
I should've known"
Lyrics from: "Dear John"
But try to imagine a twenty-something boy-man singing "Don't you think I was too young to be messed with?" Yes he might write about unrequited love, but not with this self-indulgent pity.

Joe Jonas of the Jonas Brothers, who "split" with Taylor Swift before she "broke his heart" wrote the following song:
What did I do to your heart
What did I do to your heart
Did I break it, apart
Did I break it, your heart
Taylor Swift With the Neglectful Joe Jonas.
She may be as good as any man when selling her records,
but will she ever be strong enough to "break up"
like a man?