Friday, October 26, 2012

Modern Women and Their Inspirations

I've recently posted two blogs on the dead hearts of modern women.

Two actresses who are in films that are currently in the cinemas both said that they chose these films because they were inspired by the horrors of the story and the characters.

Helen Hunt says about the film The Sessions:
I read the script for this beautiful movie and I didn't realize what a great part it was at first, I just knew that the story was great.

Then I met the woman that I play, who is still working as a sex surrogate and she has devoted her life to helping men and women realize their sexual potential in a positive, non-judgmental, non-shamey kind of way. I just couldn't believe it existed in real life, or that I would get to embody it for a few months.
And Helena Bonham Carter says about Great Expectations:
"I like sick people and [Miss Havisham from Great Expectations] is really, really sick. I mean pathologically barking...So I love any kind of sickness, and that sort of inspires me.