Saturday, October 27, 2012

Shooting and Capturing


The bloggers at My Upper West tell us about the daily goings on in their part of New York City.

The photo above is of the Bow Bridge in Central Park taken "a few days ago" by Karen. For some reason, these diligent bloggers don't credit fully the photographer, who remains Karen.

I presume she's an amateur photographer, perhaps in some design field. The shot is really beautiful. Of course, New York does provide such beautiful, camera-ready shots regularly, but one has to be able to see them and capture them on camera (or a painting, etc.). Looking and admiring is one thing, composing and shooting is another.

I'm almost embarrassed to re-post my Road to New York shot, and here it is. But, to explain my shot a little better, I saw the undulating hills, the spurts of color, the grey dramatic sky with a streak of pale blue, and the floating clouds. The farm buildings in the hills and the tall metal poles show us that there is some kind of life (civilization) nestled within these hills.

Road to New York, September 2009
[Photo by KPA]