Saturday, February 4, 2012

Blond, Red and Black


I recently wrote about pop star Rihanna here under the blog title "Rihanna Sings to the Anti-Christ" where I said of the inverted cross that she had on her leather jacket:
I doubt the freakish Ditto [my post on another current pop singer Beth Ditto is here] and the perverse Rihanna are thinking of their salvation when they sport this symbol. Their intentions are much more nefarious.
The Daily Mail has more on Rihanna, who has now dyed her hair blond "for an Elle photo shoot." I don't think that blacks (and black pop stars) changing their hair blond means they are sympathetic (or even envious) of white culture. I think it means that they are going to do whatever they like, however they like it, whenever they like. They "own" their bodies, after all. Notice how Rihanna has tattoos below her right shoulder. And in the previous post I wrote on her, she has reddish curly hair, but the attracting feature is the inverted cross on her leather jacket.

Rihanna, blond or red, but the tattoo stays

Beyoncé! In Tom Ford's 2011 Spring/Summer show: