Thursday, February 2, 2012

Stella!

Is this really a Stella? Maybe it's
to prepare her for stardom.

I've posted about a neighbor's French bulldog here. I wrote that despite my attempts at being a friendly neighbor, all I get from Howie is "a dour look."

Well, the New York Post agrees with me on the social skills (or rebuffs) of Frenchies.

"She had a dour expression" says the TV show Modern Family's executive producer, on Stella, a French bulldog interviewing for a spot on the show. I don't know if that is acting, I think Stella really means to have her dour expression, but it's getting her an acting gig.

On a side note, I really like dogs. I think they're funny, fun and often very sweet. But, Torontonians take dog loving to an extreme. They give them human-like importance, and often have large dogs living with them in their apartments, which they leave behind for most of the day. It must be excruciatingly boring for dogs (I think cats can handle being left behind much better). So much for dog love.

Howie, the French bulldog in my apartment, seems to react to this by "soiling" the apartment. His master comes home with loud admonishments, but then starts a long period of "good boy" trying to appease poor Howie. That's small compensation for being abandoned (it must seem like that to a dog) for a better part of the day, but dogs have big hearts. Humans are lucky.