Saturday, February 25, 2012

Helen Mirren Should Just Go to Walmart!

I guess I just wont let it go. It really annoys me that when people have ample opportunity to do something good, they opt for the bad. Yes, searching for beauty, and aiming for beauty, is doing good.

Helen Mirren has an unlimited supply of designers who would cater to her every wish. She can tell any one of them to get rid of that monstrous bag and make something delicate and feminine. She could even just walk to the nearest Walmart and get a better creation than her thousands-of-dollars worth of ugliness. Yet she opts for the look on the left below. I tried to improve on it by changing the color of the handbag, narrowing the skirt, and changing the shoes to black. Further down is the final photoshopped version of my modest improvements.


From my simple blog, and using rudimentary photo editing, I have given her something which would make her look better (not great, since the whole get-up is odd, but better at least), than the undoubtedly high-priced designer who is experimenting with his inner creativity. Ditch the ugly bag, and go for a purse. What a concept, bringing femininity back on track.


But, the good thing is, as I've noted in previous posts, younger women are tired of the ugly being thrown at their faces. They want to look good, not like some experimental specimen.

It's the Oscars. Of course, ordinary women cannot hope to get those movie star gowns, but what women wear in the limelight often filters to what ordinary women want. Although, as I said above, it seems to be the other way around these days.