Saturday, March 31, 2012

Henry Horton: "Gay for 76 years"

Here's an email correspondence from some Henry Horton, who describes himself as: "Gay for 76 years." He was responding to my blog post "My Husband":
Hey Assrat ~ Thanks for letting the world know what a small minded nasty person you are. Does it make you feel good to know you've made some other person a 'child of god' as you might put it feel small and miserable. And since you don't talk to him you don't really know what he's feeling. I'm sure the baby Jesus is fashioning a star for your crown right now. And by the way do you ever casually mention your husband (assuming you have one) in conversation and isn't that rubbing your heterosexuality in peoples faces. You are a sad sad excuse for a human being especially one who obviously thinks she 'has found the truth'. Well at least you live in Ma. and have to live with the reality of our existence every day of your life. Sincerely: Gay for 76 years and not likely to change soon, I remain, Henry Horton Living in Paradise, Pahoa Hawai`i Come to Hilo and I'll buy you a Sarbucks coffee. PS How's this for aggressive?
I wrote back:
No, I don't have to "live the reality of your existence." You don't get it, do you? People will never accept your way of life, even in our modern, "progressive" world. You are outcasts, and of course, since I'm religious, I also say that you are sinners.

If you were happy with your life, you wouldn't be sending me this nasty little email, but would be trying to explain to me the goodness of your ways.

But, you cannot, because even you know what you're doing is not good.

I actually feel sorry for you. At 76, you could be my grandfather. I cannot imagine having a relationship of respect and admiration which granddaughters reserve for their grandfathers with you. I cannot imagine your own granddaughters (or grandnieces, whatever) doing that either. They will silently scorn you, and your ways.

Don't expect any sympathy from the rest of the world.
Nothing more from him.