Saturday, March 17, 2012

Is the New York Post Reading My Mind?

Giambattista Valli bow-embellished
two-tone satin slingbacks

Giambattista Valli
showed his very first haute couture collection in Paris [in July 2011]. The show met profound critical acclaim from the fashion community, being hailed by journalists as a significant achievement. On October 26, 2011, the designer's exclusive limited time collection for Macy's will drop.
No online source either for the Donna Karan shoes I was looking for at the bay (I could have been imagining them), and the Gibambattista Valli is the closest I can find.

But I changed those stilettos, and gave them a more subdued cream lining - :-).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a tongue-in-cheek post Cupcake Mania: Let Them Eat Cupcake where I ask, "Is the New York Post reading my blog?" I had commented in my blog post on the odd cupcake frenzy of middle-aged women and exclaimed, "Let them wear cupcake!"

Now, the NYP has an article (a series of photos, actually) in its Fashion section titled: Hot Spring Trend: Ebony and Ivory.

Just yesterday, I was at the Bay looking for an ivory pump with black tips (Donna Karan has one out), and couldn't find it. A woman was trying on bright yellow sandals, and I said to the shop assistant, "That's out! It's black and beige for Spring!"

Well, here is the NYP with it's list of black and tan, which it calls Ebony and Ivory. They mean black and cream, but it's close enough, although I think the lower contrast tan/beige looks better with black and is less dramatic (they should hire me as their consultant!).

The NYP has no shoes in its Ebony and Ivory section, though, so I'll have to keep on looking.